High Dosing Regular...

Notifications
Clear all

High Dosing Regularly for Anxiety/Depression/Panic .. Serotonin Related Issues..

Funny Beaver
Active Member Customer
Topic starter  

Anyone in here dosing regularly for mental health issues specifically serotonin related ones?

I have been and I'm interested in swapping stories and experiences about this particular use of the mushrooms.

I'm curious how long you've been at it, what you're dosing at and how you feel about what you are doing.

I'll start. I'm Mat, I'm a member of OPEN (the Ottawa Psychedelic Education Network) and I use psilocybin regularly as a substitute for SSRIs.

I have an Anxiety/Stress/Panic disorder that rules my life and even causes serious physical pain which seems to be significantly reduced (eliminated) after ingesting approximately 5g (breakthrough dosing) of Golden Teacher (usually). I started with microdosing and had such success with it that I had to move up to 'therapeutic breakthrough dosing' after a couple months. I've been at it for a year and after that first year I had failures with dosing (and this is something I'd like to talk about further with you) due (I think) to some skepticism about the process. However, after 6 months being back to "normal" I've got an ounce coming in later that I'm hoping can put me on the path again. 2020 was the greatest year of my life and I'm trying to get back to that headspace I had during the height of the epidemic. I use a blindfold, seems to be necessary but I'm wondering if it really is - the internal hallucinations can get a little intense. I get about 5-6 weeks of relief from symptoms (inc pain) after a dose.

One thing I noticed and I've heard that is typical is that the trip experience went from being very pleasant to.. being very chaotic, without much introspection or revelation, just very intense random visuals for the most part and this is a problem associated with using regularly unfortunately. So one thing I'm wondering about is how anyone else is navigating this particular issue.

Ottawa Psychedelic Education Network

bornagain
Admin

Hi Mat, I'm James!

Nice to meet you. Thanks for sharing about your journey!

I've consumed mushrooms for the first time in my late teen age years and then through out the last 15+ years on and off. Never on a regular schedule other than doing microdosing during the winters... Check out my post about my life changing story in the Trip Story forum HERE .

I don't have any physical pain to deal with so I don't consume for physical relief, I can't add too much more to that topic.

One thing I noticed and I've heard that is typical is that the trip experience went from being very pleasant to.. being very chaotic, without much introspection or revelation, just very intense random visuals for the most part and this is a problem associated with using regularly unfortunately. So one thing I'm wondering about is how anyone else is navigating this particular issue.

I definitely can related to this. And I think I've figured it out. Every time I've done a high dose, 5g + I tend to experience this. Especially at the peak of high dose journeys I am completely lost. I tried DMT a few times and the one time I broke through I felt the same. It was just a BIG BLUR of darkness, not the beautiful visions and experience I had gotten with smaller doses... As the journey winds down the blackness and confusion subsided but it definitely is not the same as taking a lighter dose and having more of a controlled journey with my mind being a little more intact to formulate and explore new thoughts...

I'm glad I'm not the only person who's experienced the chaotic journey.

ReplyQuote
Funny Beaver
Active Member Customer
Topic starter  

Thanks for touching base, nice to meet you. I'm glad to hear that there are others on their own healing journeys here as well. I'm going to keep checking back on this thread so that I can hopefully meet others like ourselves. It does helping knowing there are others, right? 🙂

Take care. I'm gonna go read your trip report. 😉

Ottawa Psychedelic Education Network

ReplyQuote
Share: