Notifications
Clear all

Upset stomach

jayjang
Active Member Customer
Topic starter  

I get really bad stomach aches and indigestion while taking mushrooms; just wondering is it the strain?

Or something I could do to trip well and not feel so awful.

eliasyorke
New Member Customer

Try ginger tea or add some fresh cut ginger to it.

ReplyQuote
jimbesse
New Member Customer

Try soaking the shrooms in acidic squeezed lemon or lime juice for 15 minutes prior to putting it into a ginger or peppermint tea w honey.  Soaking the shrooms in fruit acid liberates the psylocibin pre-digestion.  Orange juice is not acidic enough.  This is the smart, almost tasty way to ingest, accelerates the onset as well.

ReplyQuote
Funny Beaver
Active Member Customer

You can take Gravol and an anti-acid before you trip; some people say it mutes the experience, but I've never found that to be the case. Make sure you grind the mushrooms up good and pour the powder in to OJ and let it sit for awhile, allows it to get in to you and go through you with less intestinal drama.

Ottawa Psychedelic Education Network

ReplyQuote
Funghuy
New Member Customer

I mentioned it on another thread but making your mushrooms into a tea is a really enjoyable experience in my opinion. I find it a lot easier, I tend to mix it with a herbal tea so I can let it sit for at least 10 min to make sure I've soaked up all the psilocybin.

If you're patient too you can let it cool and drink it iced!

ReplyQuote
bornagain
Admin

+1 for teas, don't eat the mushrooms after tea if you want your stomach to be chill...

I've been on a search for an "extracted" product but extracting psilocybin is more difficult than extracting THC. So far I haven't seen any proper extracted products.

ReplyQuote
jayjang
Active Member Customer
Topic starter  

@anthonydavies

for the Tea do you grind it up or just throw it in whole with your tea bag?

ReplyQuote
A Edwards
New Member Customer

When I make shroom tea I usually grind up the mushrooms into a powder. Im no scientist but I remember something about larger surface area = higher rate of absorption from high school chem lol.

I use a mortar and pestle to break up my mush, but I bet a weed or coffee grinder would do the trick as well. 

ReplyQuote
bornagain
Admin

@aedwardsgmail-comanthony look at you, applying high school academics into real life!

I like the mortar pestle idea, grinding it up works well too and if its fine enough I'm sure we end up drinking some of the powder.

ReplyQuote
Share: