It wasn’t until recently that magic mushrooms grew in popularity across the globe. The current psychedelic renaissance has sparked enormous interest in the numerous benefits psilocybin has to offer. If you are a new lover of shrooms or are interested in learning more about this magic fungus, this piece covers seven fun facts about magic mushrooms.
7 Fun Facts About Magic Mushrooms
1. Psilocybin Cubensis is a species of mushrooms that contains psilocybin, a psychedelic compound that contains hallucinogenic properties. There are over 180 species of magic mushrooms, and each has varying potency. This name is a Greek translation of the English words ‘bald head’, which is in reference to the appearance of the brown caps.
2. Magic mushrooms are diverse and exceptionally resilient. They can grow in various habitats, including on animal feces, grass, wood, and gardens. Home growers can grow the fungus at home without much difficulty.
3. Magic mushroom culture is quickly evolving, and more people are more welcoming of the psychedelic. Also referred to as mushies, liberty caps, and boomers, shrooms can be found in various forms, including edibles, capsules, fresh or dried, and teas. The diversity allows consumers with different preferences to get access to their favorite fungi.
4. According to research, consuming shrooms may lead to more open-minded individuals. The trip induced by mushies can permanently alter one’s personality. Additionally, shrooms have numerous medical benefits. Studies indicate that magic mushrooms help individuals battling smoking addiction and alleviate mental conditions such as anxiety, stress, OCD, PTSD, and depression.
5. Shroom consumption and use in cultural/spiritual/religious ceremonies can be traced over 7000 years ago. Archaeological evidence shows shrooms and other psychedelics were used by Mayan and Aztec cultures. While modern science tries to explore the full potential of shrooms, shamans and other indigenous communities have kept the traditions alive and utilized shrooms in their rituals. Numerous resorts have on-site shamans that help people archive a higher understanding of the world and people around them with the help of magic mushrooms.
6. Magic mushrooms are not addictive. Despite the numerous speculations, scientific evidence has proven that shrooms pose no addiction or compulsive use threat. However, consumers stand to build up a tolerance due to regular use. Tolerance for any substance means a higher dose is required to achieve the experience once achieved on a lower dose. Consequently, consumers are advised to take it slow. Avoid regular use and stick to a reasonable dose.
7. A trip induced by magic mushrooms lasts between 4-8 hours. Set and setting are the primary determiners of how the trip will turn out. Set refers to a consumer’s mindset, while the setting relates to external factors, such as the environment (physical and social). Having the right set and setting guaranteed a seamless experience and zero chances of encountering a bad trip.
Buying Magic Mushrooms in Canada
Shroom lovers need a place they can identify as their home. A shop that understands their needs and tries 100% to satisfy them. Magic Mushroom Dispensary is the best online shop in Canada, distributing top-quality shrooms across the ten provinces and three territories. Sign up with us today and enjoy exceptional service at no extra cost.